Bradley staves off Southern Illinois charge 57-55
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Sam Maniscalco scored 21 points and Will Egolf had a double-double as Bradley nearly coughed up a 15-point lead but held on to edge Southern Illinois 57-55 on Wednesday night.
Egolf had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Braves (9-9, 4-4 Missouri Valley), who put together their first two-game winning streak since Nov. 28 and Dec. 2.
Tony Freeman led the Salukis (10-7, 3-5) with 15 points. Anthony Booker had 14 points and 11 rebounds, while Carlton Fay added 14 points.
Bradley rocketed to a 15-0 lead as the Salukis missed their first eight shots. But Southern Illinois responded, trimming the deficit to 21-18 with 5:11 left in the first half.
Fay and Kendal Brown-Surles combined for seven consecutive points to give Southern Illinois its first lead at 55-54 with 2:31 to go. But Maniscalco hit three free throws in the final minute to rescue Bradley.
- Bradley staves off Southern Illinois charge 57-55
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2