Auburn sneaks past LSU 84-80
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP)—DeWayne Reed scored 21 points and Auburn hit six of eight free throws in the final minute, sealing an 84-80 win over LSU on Wednesday night.
Auburn, which trailed by five points with 9 minutes remaining, didn’t take the lead until Frankie Sullivan’s 3-pointer with 1:10 left. Auburn (10-9, 1-3 Southeastern Conference) used a late 10-0 run to take control of the game.
With Auburn trailing 76-72, DeWayne Reed made one of two free throws and a layup. After Zach Kinsley missed a shot for LSU, Sullivan came down and hit his 3.
Sullivan finished with 15 points, while Lucas Hargrove and Tay Waller had 14 apiece for Auburn. Brendon Knox came off the bench and scored 10.
Tasmin Mitchell led LSU (9-9, 0-4) with a season-high 38 points, but was held to one point in the final 6 1/2 minutes. Storm Warren contributed 17 points and 11 rebounds, while Bo Spencer had 12 points.
- Hall of Fame Showcase showcases ugliest court design of the year
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win