Holy Cross pulls away, defeats Navy 79-60
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—R.J. Evans scored 20 points and Andrew Keister had 13 points and 11 rebounds to lead Holy Cross to a 79-60 victory over Navy on Wednesday night.
The Crusaders (5-14, 2-2 Patriot League) shot 70 percent from the field (14-for-20) in the second half and finished the game on a 20-4 run to pull away.
Holy Cross led 59-56 with 8:18 to play, but pushed its advantage to 71-60 on Devin Brown’s 3-pointer with 4:04 remaining. Mike Cavataio’s jumper and Evans’ two free throws gave the Crusaders a 75-60 lead with 1:49 remaining.
Evans was 8-for-12 from the field and Cavataio was 7-for-11 to finish with 13 points. Eric Meister added eight rebounds as Holy Cross outrebounded Navy 37-28.
Jordan Sugars, Jeremy Wilson and Chris Harris scored 13 points each to lead Navy (8-11, 2-2), which was 0-for-9 from the 3-point line in the second half.
- Holy Cross pulls away, defeats Navy 79-60
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot