Drake shoots past Evansville 72-65
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP)—Josh Young scored 18 points to lead Drake to a 72-65 victory over Evansville Wednesday night.
Adam Templeton added 14 points, eight rebounds and four assists, and Frank Wiseler scored 12 points for the Bulldogs (9-11, 4-4), who have won four in a row in the Missouri Valley. Ryan Wedel had 10 points.
Drake was 10-for-20 from 3-point range, led by Templeton who was 3-for-5. Young was successful on his only attempt from behind the arc. From inside the 3-point line, the Bulldogs were less accurate, making 12-of-29 shots.
Denver Holmes led all scorers with 23 points for Evansville (6-12, 0-8). James Haarsma had 18 points and eight rebounds for the Aces while Colt Ryan had seven points, seven assists and eight rebounds.
- USC freshman punches Blake Griffin in his man-parts
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot