Drake shoots past Evansville 72-65
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP)—Josh Young scored 18 points to lead Drake to a 72-65 victory over Evansville Wednesday night.
Adam Templeton added 14 points, eight rebounds and four assists, and Frank Wiseler scored 12 points for the Bulldogs (9-11, 4-4), who have won four in a row in the Missouri Valley. Ryan Wedel had 10 points.
Drake was 10-for-20 from 3-point range, led by Templeton who was 3-for-5. Young was successful on his only attempt from behind the arc. From inside the 3-point line, the Bulldogs were less accurate, making 12-of-29 shots.
Denver Holmes led all scorers with 23 points for Evansville (6-12, 0-8). James Haarsma had 18 points and eight rebounds for the Aces while Colt Ryan had seven points, seven assists and eight rebounds.
- Byrd scores 22, Purdue upends No. 17 Wisconsin
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee