Morehead State beats SIU-Edwardsville 66-46
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP)—Kenneth Faried scored 23 points and grabbed 16 rebounds to lead Morehead State to a 66-46 rout over woeful Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on Tuesday night.
Faried, who had his fifth consecutive double-double, was the only player to score in double figures for the Eagles (13-6), who have won nine straight. He shot 9 of 15 from the floor and blocked four shots.
The Cougars (2-16) held a 20-16 lead with 6:44 left in the first half on a jumper by David Boarden. But Morehead State answered with 15 straight points over the next 4 minutes to take a 31-20 lead.
Faried, who capped the spurt with a score, had seven points during the run.
SIU-Edwardsville was unable to recover after the scoring spree by the Eagles, whose lead was no less than 13 points the rest of the way.
Aamir McCleary led the Cougars with 14 points, five assists and three steals. He also had six turnovers.
- Top high school prospect crosses up John Wall
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims