Morehead State beats SIU-Edwardsville 66-46
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP)—Kenneth Faried scored 23 points and grabbed 16 rebounds to lead Morehead State to a 66-46 rout over woeful Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on Tuesday night.
Faried, who had his fifth consecutive double-double, was the only player to score in double figures for the Eagles (13-6), who have won nine straight. He shot 9 of 15 from the floor and blocked four shots.
The Cougars (2-16) held a 20-16 lead with 6:44 left in the first half on a jumper by David Boarden. But Morehead State answered with 15 straight points over the next 4 minutes to take a 31-20 lead.
Faried, who capped the spurt with a score, had seven points during the run.
SIU-Edwardsville was unable to recover after the scoring spree by the Eagles, whose lead was no less than 13 points the rest of the way.
Aamir McCleary led the Cougars with 14 points, five assists and three steals. He also had six turnovers.
- Morehead State beats SIU-Edwardsville 66-46
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four