Maryland cruises to 106-55 victory over Longwood
COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP)—Sean Mosley scored 21 points on 8-for-8 shooting, Landon Milbourne added 19, and Maryland enjoyed a respite from Atlantic Coast Conference competition with a 106-55 rout of Longwood on Tuesday night.
The Terrapins (12-5) cruised despite getting only 10 points from leading scorer Greivis Vasquez, who didn’t make his first basket until early in the second half.
By that time, the outcome was no longer in doubt.
It was the final non-league matchup of the regular season for the Terrapins, who have 13 ACC games left on their schedule. Six Maryland players scored in double figures, including freshman Jordan Williams, who had 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Dana Smith scored 25 for Longwood (4-15), making eight of the Lancers’ 20 baskets. The 6-foot-5 forward played in his 123rd career game, tying a school record.
The Lancers are 0-3 against ACC teams this season.
- Maryland cruises to 106-55 victory over Longwood
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four