Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Houston Baptist 77-66
HOUSTON (AP)—Bryquis Perine scored 26 points and Troy Cotton had 24 to lead Wisconsin-Green Bay past Houston Baptist 77-66 Tuesday night.
Rahmon Fletcher joined the pair in double figures with 13 points for the Phoenix (14-6) in the nonconference game. Perine had eight assists and Randy Berry had 11 rebounds for Green Bay, which never trailed in the contest.
Mario Flaherty led Houston Baptist (3-13) with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Andrew Gonzalez scored 12 and Michael Moss 11 for the Huskies, who had won their previous two games after dropping six straight.
Houston Baptist shot 46 percent from the field while Wisconsin-Green Bay shot 38.5 percent, but the Huskies took 15 fewer shots.
- Jamie Lynn Spears' baby and its vague connection to USC hoops
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four