Long leads George Mason over Hofstra 90-72
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Cam Long scored a career-high 27 points and George Mason defeated Hofstra 90-72 on Tuesday night for the Patriots’ fourth win in a row.
Long was 8-for-11 from the field, including 4-for-5 from 3-point range, and made 5 of 7 free throws. He also had seven assists, four rebounds, a steal and a blocked shot as the Patriots (12-7, 7-1 Colonial Athletic Association) won back-to-back road games for the first time this season.
Ryan Pearson added 19 points and Andre Cornelius had 18 for George Mason, which hit 30 of 54 field goals (55.6 percent).
Hofstra (9-11, 2-6), which extended its losing skid to four games, also lost at George Mason 67-63 on Jan. 4.
The Pride pulled within nine points on five occasions in the second half, but could get no closer.
Charles Jenkins, the CAA scoring leader, paced Hofstra with 26 points and Chaz Williams tied his career high with 20.
- Long leads George Mason over Hofstra 90-72
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling