Boston U dominates Albany, NY 79-58
BOSTON (AP)—John Holland scored 21 points and Jake O’Brien added 19 to help Boston University beat Albany (N.Y.) 79-58 on Tuesday night.
Carlos Strong made six 3-pointers for 18 points and dished out seven assists for the Terriers (10-9, 5-2 America East Conference), who as a team went 16-for-28 (57.1 percent) from beyond the arc. Corey Lowe had 12 points, six assists, five steals and four rebounds.
Boston U pulled away from the Great Danes (6-14, 1-4) early, going on a 15-3 run in the first half to claim a 25-13 advantage. A layup by Lowe pushed the Terriers’ lead to 16.
Boston U didn’t let up the rest of the way, pushing its the lead to 71-48 on two free throws by Holland, who shot 9-for-10 from the free throw line. He also went 5-for-11 from the floor and 2-for-4 from the 3-point line.
Mike Black was the only Albany player to score in double figures with 10 points.
- Boston U dominates Albany, NY 79-58
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0