Montana St. 61, CS Bakersfield 71
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP)—Trent Blakley scored 20 points and Cal State-Bakersfield used a strong second-half performance to defeat Montana State 71-61 Monday night.
Marcus Hall added 14 points, Donavan Bragg had 13 and Santwon Latunde 12 for the Roadrunners (3-14), who ended a four-game losing streak.
Bobby Howard scored 18 points, all in the second half, and Will Bynum finished with 12 for the Bobcats (10-8).
Bakersfield trailed 33-29 at halftime but overcame Montana State by shooting 53.3 percent after intermission, its best half of the season.
The Roadrunners used an 11-2 run early in the second half to go ahead 51-43, and the Bobcats didn’t get closer than five points the rest of the way.
Bakersfield, which blew an 11-point lead in the first half, was outshot 53.5 percent-46.4 percent but outrebounded Montana State 35-22.
- Montana St. 61, CS Bakersfield 71
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook