M. Tennessee defeats W. Kentucky 47-46 on late 3
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP)—James Washington hit a 3-pointer with 6 seconds left to give Middle Tennessee a 47-46 win over Western Kentucky on Monday night.
The Blue Raiders (9-10, 4-3 Sun Belt Conference), who led by as many as 13 points, 37-24, with 12:33 left, fell behind 44-41 on a 3-pointer by Western Kentucky’s Desmond Yates with 2:31 remaining.
A.J. Slaughter tied it on a 3 with 2:11, before two free throws by Jeremy Evans put the Hilltoppers (11-6, 4-2) back on top, 46-44, with 1:22 to go.
The Hilltoppers then turned the ball over, setting up Washington’s shot.
Yates scored 14 points and Montarrio Haddock added 11 for the Blue Raiders. Washington finished with nine for Middle Tennessee, which lost two in a row and four out of its last five heading in.
Steffphon Pettigrew scored 12 points and Slaughter finished with 11 for Western Kentucky.
- M. Tennessee defeats W. Kentucky 47-46 on late 3
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0