Jacksonville tops North Florida 62-55
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Ben Smith scored 18 points to lead Jacksonville to a 62-55 win over North Florida on Monday night.
Smith was 10-for-10 from the free-throw line for the Dolphins (9-8, 6-3 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won six games in a row. Lehmon Colbert added 14 points and 12 rebounds in the win.
The Ospreys (9-10, 4-5) were led by Matt Sauey, who scored 14 points on 7 of 9 shooting. Jerron Granberry added 13 points and seven rebounds.
Jacksonville shot only 27.4 percent from the field (17-for-62), but outrebounded the Ospreys 47-36. The Dolphins grabbed 21 offensive rebounds, leading to 19 second-chance points.
North Florida shot 38 percent from the field (19-for-50) and committed 15 turnovers.
Jacksonville took 33 free throws in the game, compared to the Ospreys’ 19 free-throw attempts.
- Jacksonville tops North Florida 62-55
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look