Texas Southern defeats Jackson State 51-44
JACKSON, Miss. (AP)—Junior Treasure scored 15 points and Deandre Hall added 12 to help Texas Southern defeat Jackson State 51-44 on Monday night.
Trailing 10-8 midway through the first half, Texas Southern (8-9, 4-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference) went on an 11-2 run and led the rest of the way. Treasure’s layup capped the run for a 21-10 Texas Southern lead with 1:24 left until halftime.
Texas Southern held Jackson State (6-11, 4-1) to 19 percent shooting in the first half (4 of 21) for a 21-12 advantage at the break.
Jackson State opened the second half on an 18-7 run and led 30-28 on Garrison Johnson’s jumper with 12 minutes left.
Texas Southern answered with a 10-2 run, capped by Timothy Price’s layup with 4:45 remaining. Jackson State wouldn’t get any closer than four the rest of the way.
Garrison Johnson had 17 points for Jackson State, which snapped a six-game winning streak.
- Yet another way AAU types scam pro coaches: pricey packets
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64