Prairie View beats Grambling State 64-59
GRAMBLING, La. (AP)—Darnell Hugee scored 19 points and Duwan Kornegay added 16, leading Prairie View A&M in a 64-59 win over Grambling State on Monday night.
Christopher Jones led the way with seven rebounds for the Panthers (9-7, 4-1 Southwestern Conference), who have won four of their past five to remain in a three-way tie for first place in the SWAC.
The Tigers led by two points at halftime, but the Panthers outscored them 32-25 in the second half to seal the comeback win.
Grambling State outrebounded Prairie View A&M 49-36, but the Tigers also turned the ball over 18 times. The Panthers committed just 12 giveaways.
Ariece Perkins scored 18 points to lead the Tigers (4-10, 2-4), who have dropped three of their last four. Donald Qualls chipped in with 17 points and Lance Fuertado had 12. George Akpele pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Grambling State.
- Ex-Duke star Christian Laettner is searching for a coaching gig
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul