Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Alcorn State 93-59
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Terrance Calvin scored 21 points and Tavaris Washington added 16 as Arkansas-Pine Bluff kept Alcorn State winless with a 93-59 victory Monday night.
Thirteen players scored for the Golden Lions (4-12, 4-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who are off to their best conference start in school history.
Jamakus Holt led the Braves (0-18, 0-5) with 16 points and 11 rebounds, and Tony Eackles had 14 points.
Pine Bluff, which scored a season high and has won four of its past five games, went into halftime up 50-34 and extended its lead to as many as 36 points.
Leading 13-9 with 12:36 to play in the first half, the Lions pulled away with a 12-2 run and led by at least nine points the rest of the half.
- A brutal schedule awaits cash-strapped Mississippi Valley State
- No. 5 Duke routs UNLV 94-45
- No. 11 Louisville runs away from Texas Southern 102-71
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60
- Short-handed Boilermakers crush Cleveland State, 77-53