Bowling Green rallies to beat Kent State 76-70
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Scott Thomas scored 27 points and Dee Brown added 21 to lead Bowling Green past Kent State 76-70 on Sunday.
The Falcons (8-7, 1-2 Mid-American Conference) trailed 35-28 at halftime before getting 18 points from Thomas and 15 from Brown.
Bowling Green trailed 66-63 with 2:23 remaining before two free throws by Thomas, and a 3-pointer by Brown, put the Falcons up for good, 68-60 with 1:04 remaining.
The Golden Flashes (10-7, 1-2) pulled within 70-67 on Chris Singletary’s free throw with 33 seconds left. But the Falcons scored six straight points to pull away. Thomas capped the run on two free throws with 12 seconds to play.
Joe Jakubowski had 11 assists for Bowling Green, which shot 57.7 percent in the second half.
Mike McKee paced the Falcons with 20 points. Justin Green, Tyree Evans and Singletary scored 13 points each for Bowling Green.
- Central Methodist tops Central Arkansas 80-74
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78