Ball State hammers Toledo, 71-43
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Terrence Watson had 17 points and 11 rebounds to lead Ball State to a 71-43 victory over Toledo on Sunday.
Jauwan Scaife led the Cardinals (7-8, 1-2 Mid-American) with 20 points. Ball State, which shot 50 percent from the field, never trailed in the contest and was ahead by double figures midway through the first half. The Cardinals led 40-22 at halftime.
Brawley Chisholm scored all nine of his points in the first half for Ball State, and Jarrod Jones contributed nine rebounds in the game. Ten players scored for the Cardinals.
Malcolm Griffin and Jake Barnett scored 12 points each for Toledo (3-14, 0-3). It was the Rockets’ seventh straight loss.
- Jennifer Hudson's 'One Shining Moment' was a train wreck
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold