Texas A&M-Corpus Christi prevails 98-83
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Kevin Palmer scored 25 points and Justin Reynolds added 23 and 11 rebounds as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi defeated Northwestern State 98-83 Saturday night.
The Islanders (8-8, 3-0 Southland) also got 20 points from Shamar Coombs.
Will Pratt finished with 14 points while Damon Jones had 13 and Devon Baker 12 for the Demons (5-11, 0-3), who lost their sixth straight.
Both teams shot better than 50 percent and each finished with the same number of field goals (31) and 3-pointers (eight).
The game was decided at the free-throw line where Corpus Christi was 28 of 37, Northwestern State 13 of 20.
The Islanders led 44-35 at halftime and increased their advantage to as many as 19 in the second half.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi prevails 98-83
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0