St. Francis defeats Wagner College 60-53
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. (AP)—Ricky Cadell scored 22 points and led St. Francis (N.Y.) to a 60-53 victory over Wagner College on Saturday night.
Cadell shot 7-for-17 from the field and nailed four 3-pointers for the Terriers (7-9, 4-2 Northeast Conference). Kayode Ayeni chipped in with 12 points.
The game was close throughout, and a 3-pointer from Wagner’s Chris Martin cut the Terriers’ lead to 50-49 with 3:48 remaining. However, the Terriers responded with an 8-0 run, and a layup from Ayeni gave St. Francis a 58-49 lead with 57 seconds left to secure the win.
Martin finished with 16 points and six rebounds to lead the Seahawks (2-17, 0-6), who have lost eight straight games. Tyler Murray chipped in with 14 points and five assists.
Wagner shot 46.3 percent from the field (19-for-41), but committed 22 turnovers that led to 22 points for the Terriers. The Seahawks were also outscored 10-0 on fast break points.
- St. Francis defeats Wagner College 60-53
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0