Texas-Arlington rallies past UTSA 72-66
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Marquez Haynes scored 30 of his career-high 38 points in the second half and Texas-Arlington rallied past UTSA 72-66 Saturday night.
Haynes was 11 of 13 from the floor in the second half, including 6 of 6 from 3-point range. At one point he scored 19 consecutive points as the Mavericks (8-7, 1-2 Southland) erased a 44-37 deficit and took the lead for good.
Demarco Stepter scored 15 points and had nine rebounds to lead the Roadrunners (12-4, 2-1), who had their four-game winning streak snapped.
After shooting just 30 percent in the first half, Arlington shot 61.5 percent in the second half. The Mavericks limited UTSA to just 35.9 percent shooting.
UTSA took an early 19-7 lead and was up 31-28 at halftime.
- Texas-Arlington rallies past UTSA 72-66
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look