Vanderbilt defeats South Carolina 89-79
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)—A.J. Ogilvy scored 18 of 22 points in the second half and Vanderbilt remained perfect in Southeastern Conference play with an 89-79 victory over South Carolina on Saturday.
Ogilvy, a 6-foot-11 junior, was too much for the Gamecocks to contain underneath. He made 7 of 8 shots from the floor and 8 of 13 from the foul line as Vanderbilt (14-3, 3-0) won its eighth straight.
Devan Downey had a season-high 35 points for South Carolina (11-6, 2-1), the third time this season he’s surpassed 30.
- Vanderbilt defeats South Carolina 89-79
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina lawmakers agree to repeal HB2 right before NCAA deadline
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook