Vanderbilt defeats South Carolina 89-79
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)—A.J. Ogilvy scored 18 of 22 points in the second half and Vanderbilt remained perfect in Southeastern Conference play with an 89-79 victory over South Carolina on Saturday.
Ogilvy, a 6-foot-11 junior, was too much for the Gamecocks to contain underneath. He made 7 of 8 shots from the floor and 8 of 13 from the foul line as Vanderbilt (14-3, 3-0) won its eighth straight.
Devan Downey had a season-high 35 points for South Carolina (11-6, 2-1), the third time this season he’s surpassed 30.
- Give Cornell's basketball team high marks in chemistry
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment