Old Dominion routs Drexel 71-48
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Ben Finney scored 19 points and Old Dominion beat Drexel 71-48 on Saturday night.
Gerald Lee added 15 points for the Monarchs (13-5, 5-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who won their fifth game in a row. The Monarchs also won for the 18th straight time at home and have a five-game winning streak over Drexel.
Old Dominion led 35-23 at halftime and opened the second half with an 11-2 run to build a 46-25 advantage after a basket and free throw by Frank Hassell with 17:11 to play. The lead ballooned to 63-35 after a jumper by Lee with 6:17 to play.
The Monarchs are allowing only 56.3 points per game and have held seven opponents this season to less than 50 points.
Old Dominion outrebounded Drexel 44-34 and piled up 23 second-chance points.
Chris Fouch scored 11 points for the Dragons (9-9, 4-2).
- Villanova survives scare to beat American
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament