Utah earns big 73-69 road win at UNLV
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Carlon Brown scored 16 points while Marshall Henderson added 15 to lead Utah to a 73-69 upset win over UNLV on Saturday night.
Brown went 3 of 5 from 3-point range, while Henderson went 5 of 9 from there as Utah (9-8, 2-2 Mountain West) sank 7 of 8 from the free-throw line in the final minute and a half.
David Foster added 13 points, 6 rebounds and 6 blocks for the Utes, who are 5-1 in Las Vegas since March 2009, when they won the Mountain West Conference tournament.
Junior guard Tre’Von Willis scored a career high 27 points to lead the Rebels (14-4, 2-2). Willis was 13 of 16 from the free-throw line.
Chase Stanback added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Rebels.
There were eight lead changes in the final 6:45. Luka Drca’s two free throws with 1:32 gave the Utes the lead for good at 67-66. Drca finished with 10 points, going 8 of 9 from the free-throw line.
- Utah earns big 73-69 road win at UNLV
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself