Lafayette defeats Navy 90-77
ANAPOLIS, Md. (AP)—Ryan Willen scored 26 points and Lafayette beat Navy 90-77 on Saturday night.
Jim Mower added 20 points and Jared Mintz had 18 for the Leopards (12-6, 3-0 Patriot League), who have won five games in a row and eight of their past nine.
The Leopards, who are averaging 50 percent shooting during their winning streak, shot 53.7 percent from the field (29-for-54). The Leopards converted 13 Navy turnovers into 20 points.
Leading 18-17 in the first half, the Leopards went on a 16-2 run to lead 34-19 with 7:38 left in the half after a 3-pointer by Mower. The Leopards built a 20-point advantage later in the half and the lead never dipped below nine points the rest of the game.
Navy (8-10, 2-1), which tried to go 3-0 in the conference for the first time since 1998, was led by Chris Harris with 24 points. Jordan Sugars added 18 points and Jeremy Wilson had 12.
- Lafayette defeats Navy 90-77
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook