Hartford beats New Hampshire 56-53
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—Joe Zeglinski scored 26 points, leading Hartford to a 56-53 win against New Hampshire on Saturday.
Kevin Estes added 11 points and Morgan Sabia tied a career-high 11 rebounds for the Hawks (4-13, 2-2 America East Conference), who have won back to back games since dropping 11 straight.
The Hawks shot 90.9 percent from the foul line (10-for-11) compared to just a 54.2 mark (13-for-24) for New Hampshire.
After trailing by five points at halftime, the Hawks took the lead for good at 40-39 on a pair of Zeglinski free throws with 7:33 to play. Zeglinski, who scored 21 of his points in the second half, hit two more to put Hartford ahead 56-50 with 14 seconds left.
James Valladares hit a late 3-pointer to pull New Hampshire within the final margin.
Alvin Abreu scored 19 points and Valladares had 11 to lead the Wildcats (6-8, 1-2), who have lost four of five.
- Hartford beats New Hampshire 56-53
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win