Hartford beats New Hampshire 56-53
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—Joe Zeglinski scored 26 points, leading Hartford to a 56-53 win against New Hampshire on Saturday.
Kevin Estes added 11 points and Morgan Sabia tied a career-high 11 rebounds for the Hawks (4-13, 2-2 America East Conference), who have won back to back games since dropping 11 straight.
The Hawks shot 90.9 percent from the foul line (10-for-11) compared to just a 54.2 mark (13-for-24) for New Hampshire.
After trailing by five points at halftime, the Hawks took the lead for good at 40-39 on a pair of Zeglinski free throws with 7:33 to play. Zeglinski, who scored 21 of his points in the second half, hit two more to put Hartford ahead 56-50 with 14 seconds left.
James Valladares hit a late 3-pointer to pull New Hampshire within the final margin.
Alvin Abreu scored 19 points and Valladares had 11 to lead the Wildcats (6-8, 1-2), who have lost four of five.
- Hartford beats New Hampshire 56-53
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Having reached the Final Four at last, Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself