Texas Southern defeats Grambling State 74-59
GRAMBLING, La. (AP)—Travele Jones and Junior Treasure each scored 19 points, and Texas Southern beat Grambling State 74-59 on Saturday to break an eight-game road losing streak.
Deandre Hall had a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds, and Patrick Johnson added 10 points for Texas Southern (7-9, 3-12 Southwestern Athletic Conference), which had lost four of its previous five games.
Texas Southern led 26-21 at halftime and used an 18-4 run to build its biggest lead at 60-38 after a layup by Treasure with 7:03 to play in the game.
The lead never dipped below 11 points the rest of the game.
Texas Southern shot 66.7 percent from the field (18 of 27) in the second half to put the game away. Texas Southern shot 52.9 percent (27 of 51) for the game.
Lance Fuertado had a game-high 23 points and Donald Qualls added 13 points for Grambling State (4-9, 2-3).
- American 85, Navy 83, OT
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner