Butler routs Youngstown State 91-61
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Shelvin Mack scored 22 of his 24 points in the first half to lead Butler to a 91-61 victory over Youngstown State Saturday.
Matt Howard scored 22 points, Willie Veasley had 13 points and Zach Hahn had 12 for the Bulldogs (14-4, 7-0 Horizon). Butler scored the game’s first eight points and led 49-26 at halftime as Mack was 8-for-10 from the field, leading the way for the Bulldogs’ 60-percent shooting success in the half.
Butler finished the game shooting 57 percent compared to 46 percent for Youngstown State.
Sirlester Martin led Youngstown State (7-10, 2-6) with 23 points. Kelvin Bright, who scored 10, was the only other player in double figures for the Penguins.
- UCLA coach Ben Howland celebrates win by kissing a reporter
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- Brooks' 3 leads No. 6 Oregon past Cal 68-65
- UNC: fan ejected after exchange with Louisville's Pitino
- Minnesota beats No. 24 Maryland 89-75 for 6th straight win
- Michigan beats Rutgers 68-64 behind Wilson's double-double