NC Central beats Tenn-Temple 75-50
DURHAM, N.C. (AP)—C.J. Wilkerson scored 23 points, leading North Carolina Central in a 75-50 rout of Tennessee-Temple on Friday night in the first round of the BC Powder Classic.
Both Nick Chasten and Vincent Davis tallied double-doubles for the Eagles (2-15). Chasten scored 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while Davis had 13 points and a career-high 10 boards.
The Eagles trailed early in the game, but rebounded to take a 37-25 halftime lead. They broke the game open in the second on a 17-8 run midway through the frame.
The Eagles, who snapped an eight-game losing streak, outrebounded the Crusaders 47-31 and outscored them 43-16 in the paint.
Ed Pellot-Rosa scored 12 points and Vic Taylor added 11 to lead the Crusaders (6-11) of the NAIA.
North Carolina Central takes on The Apprentice School (Newport News, Va.) in the tournament championship game on Saturday.
- NC Central beats Tenn-Temple 75-50
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four