St. Peter’s 77, Rider 66
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP)—Wesley Jenkins scored 26 points, grabbed nine rebounds and hit four 3-pointers to lead St. Peter’s over Rider 77-66 on Friday night.
Ryan Bacon recorded his third double-double of the season—and his second in as many games—scoring 18 points and pulling down 11 rebounds for the Peacocks (9-8, 4-3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference). Jeron Belin chipped in with 17 points.
Jenkins, who set a season high with 27 points in Monday’s win against Niagara, tied a season best with four 3s on 10 attempts from long range. The Peacocks were 5 of 14 from beyond the arc (35.7 percent).
Rider hit six 3-pointers on 24 attempts from downtown (25 percent).
Bacon sank a season-high 12 free throws for the Peacocks, who took the lead for good with a 12-0 run midway through the opening half.
Justin Robinson scored 19 points for the Broncs (10-9, 3-4).
- St. Peter's 77, Rider 66
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0