North Dakota 67, Utah Valley St. 62
OREM, Utah (AP)—Travis Bledsoe scored a career-high 28 points as North Dakota defeated Utah Valley 67-62 Thursday night in its Great West Conference opener.
The Fighting Sioux (3-14) used a 7-0 run midway through the second half to take the lead for good, then held on in the final minute.
Jourdain Scoubes led the Wolverines (7-9, 1-1) with 12 points while Corey Claitt added 11.
North Dakota trailed 48-47 with 8:59 play but scored the next seven points. Utah Valley pulled to within 60-57 on Claitt’s jumper with 34 seconds remaining, but the Sioux responded with a 5-0 run, all on free throws by Bledsoe, to secure the victory.
Bledsoe scored 17 of his points in the in the first half on 7-of-9 shooting, helping the Sioux shoot 66.7 percent (14 of 21). Utah Valley, however, led 35-33 at halftime thanks in part to six 3-pointers.
- North Dakota 67, Utah Valley St. 62
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0