California defeats Washington State 93-88
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP)—Jerome Randle scored a career-high 39 points as California beat Washington State 93-88 on Thursday to retain first place in the Pac-10.
California (11-5, 3-1 Pac-10) jumped out to big leads at the beginning of each half, and then held off Washington State rallies to win for the fifth time in six games.
Washington State (12-5, 2-3) fell behind by 20 points in the first eight minutes, but came back to trail by only four at halftime. Hot shooting by Cal, including 11 of 20 3-pointers, kept the Cougars from taking the lead.
- Leonardo DiCaprio and his many college caps
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- No. 2 Maryland loses at home to Wisconsin, 70-57
- Crazy play, crazier win: Duke stuns No. 7 Virginia at buzzer
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon