Robert Morris defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 80-73
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP)—Karon Abraham scored all 20 of his points in the second half to help Robert Morris defeat Fairleigh Dickinson 80-73 on Thursday night.
Tied 31-31 at halftime, the Colonials (9-8, 4-1 Northeast Conference) scored 20 points in the paint and won the rebounding battle 17-10 in the second half. Robert Morris outscored the Knights 49-42 in the second half.
Rob Robinson had a steal, a layup and a jumper as Robert Morris scored four straight as part of a 8-3 run to open the second half. Robinson capped the spurt with a jumper with 16:54 left for a 40-35 advantage.
Robinson finished with 15 points, Velton Jones 12 and Russell Johnson 10 for the Colonials.
Robert Morris won its fourth in a row and 15th straight at home against Northeast Conference opponents.
Alvin Mofunanya scored 22 points for the Knights, who snapped a three-game winning streak.
- Robert Morris defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 80-73
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four