New Orleans edges Arkansas-Little Rock 67-66 in OT
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Devin McDonald scored 20 points and Carl Blair hit the game-winning layup with 34 seconds left in overtime as New Orleans edged Arkansas-Little Rock 67-66 on Thursday night.
Arkansas-Little Rock’s Ricky Davison missed a layup with 18 seconds left, Courtney Jackson missed two free throws with 16 seconds to play and Solomon Bozeman missed a jumper with 2 seconds left to help New Orleans (7-11, 2-5 Sun Belt Conference) win for just the second time in 11 games.
Alex Garcia-Mendoza’s jumper gave the Red Wolves (4-13, 0-6), who have lost eight straight, a 66-65 lead with 1:01 remaining.
McDonald was 6-for-9 on 3-pointers as the Privateers shot 45.8 percent from beyond the arc (11 of 24).
Charles Carmouche added 18 and Blair finished with 10 for New Orleans, which played without leading scorer Billy Humphrey (knee).
Jackson had 16 points and Garcia-Mendoza scored 12.
- New Orleans edges Arkansas-Little Rock 67-66 in OT
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0