Hartford ends skid with 74-68 win over UMBC
BALTIMORE (AP)—Joe Zeglinski scored 18 points to lead Hartford to a 74-68 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County on Thursday night, ending the Hawks’ 11-game losing streak.
Joel Barkers added 16 points as Hartford (3-13, 1-2 America East Conference) won for the first time since defeating Fordham 70-62 on Nov. 21.
The Hawks took a 69-65 lead on Milton Burton’s jumper with 1:56 remaining and extended it to 71-65 on Zeglinski’s two free throws one minute later.
Burton hit one free throw and Charles White added two in the final 28 seconds to send UMBC (1-15, 0-3) to its sixth consecutive loss.
Morgan Sabia hit four 3-pointers to finish with 15 points and Burton added 13 points for the Hawks, who were 18-for-21 from the free throw line (85.7 percent).
Adrian Satchell scored 16, Chris De La Rosa had 12 and Shawn Grant and Matt Spadafora added 10 points each for UMBC.
- President Obama interrupts Geno Auriemma's news conference
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- Clark, Davis help UMass knock VCU out of first, 69-63
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77