Jacksonville beats Lipscomb 79-73
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Ben Smith scored 22 points and Ayron Hardy added 20 as Jacksonville beat Lipscomb 79-73 on Thursday night.
Lehmon Colbert added 13 points for the Dolphins (7-8, 4-3 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won four in a row and six of their last seven.
The Dolphins took an 11-point lead at halftime and hung on for the win despite being outscored 49-44 by the Bisons in the second half.
Jacksonville dominated the Bisons in the paint, outscoring them 45-28. The Dolphins also scored 24 points off of 20 Lipscomb turnovers.
Adnan Hodzic led the Bisons (8-8, 5-2) with 24 points and Jordan Burgason added 21, including going 7-for-9 on 3-pointers. Lipscomb finished 10-for-25 from long range (40 percent).
The Dolphins were 7-for-16 on 3-point attempts (43.8 percent), as Smith and Hardy hit three apiece.
- Jacksonville beats Lipscomb 79-73
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark