Stetson holds off East Tennessee State 54-52
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Mark Lohuis and Brandon Williams each scored 12 points to help Stetson hold off East Tennessee State 54-52 on Thursday night.
A.J. Smith and Ridge Graham scored 10 points apiece for the Hatters (4-11, 2-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). Smith also had four assists with seven turnovers.
A layup by East Tennessee State’s Tommy Hubbard tied the game at 46 with 5:03 left in the second half. But Liam McInerney, who finished with four points and seven rebounds, hit a jumper with 3:46 left to play put Stetson up by two points and for good.
Micah Williams scored 13 points for the Buccaneers (8-9, 4-2), while Justin Tubbs scored 12.
The Hatters used their 3-point shooting against East Tennessee State, shooting 40 percent (10-for-25) from beyond the arc. The Buccaneers shot 14.3 percent from the 3-point line.
- Stetson holds off East Tennessee State 54-52
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0