Stetson holds off East Tennessee State 54-52
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Mark Lohuis and Brandon Williams each scored 12 points to help Stetson hold off East Tennessee State 54-52 on Thursday night.
A.J. Smith and Ridge Graham scored 10 points apiece for the Hatters (4-11, 2-5 Atlantic Sun Conference). Smith also had four assists with seven turnovers.
A layup by East Tennessee State’s Tommy Hubbard tied the game at 46 with 5:03 left in the second half. But Liam McInerney, who finished with four points and seven rebounds, hit a jumper with 3:46 left to play put Stetson up by two points and for good.
Micah Williams scored 13 points for the Buccaneers (8-9, 4-2), while Justin Tubbs scored 12.
The Hatters used their 3-point shooting against East Tennessee State, shooting 40 percent (10-for-25) from beyond the arc. The Buccaneers shot 14.3 percent from the 3-point line.
- Tech lifts Morgan State over Delaware State 73-72
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims