Northern Illinois defeats Western Michigan, 87-77
DE KALB, Ill. (AP)—Mike DiNunno had 21 points and 10 assists, and Northern Illinois made 60 percent of its 3-point attempts in defeating Western Michigan 87-77 Wednesday night.
Sean Kowal had 18 points and seven rebounds, Xavier Silas scored 15 points and Darion Anderson 12 for Northern Illinois (6-8, 2-0 Mid-American), which overcame an early 26-12 deficit with hot outside shooting. DiNunno made six of the Huskies’ 12 3-pointers.
Northern Illinois shot 50 percent from the field in the second half, including 5-for-7 from behind the arc, and finished the game at 46 percent overall.
David Kool led all scorers with 26 points for Western Michigan (9-6, 1-1).
Martelle McLemore scored 16 points and Donald Lawson had 12 points and seven rebounds for the Broncos.
- Northern Illinois defeats Western Michigan, 87-77
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look