Quayle, Utah State stop Nevada 79-72 in overtime
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Jared Quayle scored 21 points as Utah State outlasted Nevada 79-72 in overtime Wednesday night.
Quayle and Tyler Newbold each hit 3-pointers in overtime to lead the Aggies (12-6, 2-2 Western Athletic). Pooh Williams added 16 points for Utah State.
Luke Babbitt scored 26 points as the Wolf Pack (10-7, 2-2) lost for the first time this season in nine home games. Ray Kraemer added 14.
Nevada led 65-55 with 7 minutes to go after Babbitt scored in the lane. Utah State outscored Nevada 14-4 the rest of the way to send the game into overtime tied 69-69.
The Wolf Pack scored the last five points of the first half to take a 35-33 lead at the break. Babbitt hit a 3-pointer with 25 seconds left in the half to tie it 33-33, and Armon Johnson scored on a layup off a steal with 4 seconds left.
- Quayle, Utah State stop Nevada 79-72 in overtime
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0