Old Dominion 70, N.C.-Wilmington 52
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Frank Hassell scored 10 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help Old Dominion defeat North Carolina-Wilmington 70-52 on Wednesday night.
The Monarchs (13-5, 5-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who led 34-30 at halftime, held the Seahawks to 29.6 shooting in the second half (8 of 27).
The Monarchs scored 21 points off of 17 turnovers for their fourth straight win and 11th in its past 12 games.
Gerald Lee, the Monarchs’ top scorer at 14.6 points per game, finished with 16 against the Seahawks.
Ben Finney and Darius James added 10 points apiece for Old Dominion, which won the rebounding battle 45-35 and scored 38 points in the paint, compared to 16 by UNC-Wilmington.
Chad Tomko, averaging 13.9 points per game, scored nine for the Seahawks, who didn’t have a player in double figures against Old Dominion.
- Catching up with George Mason’s historic ’06 Final Four team
- Kansas guard Graham apologizes after traffic warrant arrest
- Virginia's Perrantes struggling to rediscover shooting touch
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- No. 8 Tar Heels top No. 7 Cardinals 74-63, stretch ACC lead
- No. 3 Kansas routs TCU 87-68 to clinch share of Big 12 title