Wichita State defeats Indiana State 84-73
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP)—Clevin Hannah matched his career high with 26 points and Wichita State defeated Indiana State 84-73 Wednesday night.
Toure’ Murry added 17 points and Graham Hatch had 13 for the Shockers (16-2, 5-1 Missouri Valley), who won their fifth straight.
Harry Marshall led the Sycamores (11-6, 3-3) with a career-high 29 points while Josh Crawford added a career-best 18.
Wichita State never trailed, led 41-32 at halftime and by as many as 13 points.
The Shockers shot 58 percent for the game, including 66.7 percent in the second half. They were 12 of 22 from 3-point range, led by Murry, who was 3 of 3, and Hannah, who was 4 of 6.
Wichita State’s start is its best since it also went 16-2 in 2004-05.
- Wichita State defeats Indiana State 84-73
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament