Mintz leads Lafayette to 95-82 win over Colgate
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Jared Mintz scored 22 points and Ryan Willen added 19 as Lafayette cruised to a 95-82 win over Colgate on Wednesday night.
The Leopards (11-6, 2-0 Patriot League) had their highest point total of the season while winning their fourth straight game and seventh of their last eight. Mintz was 7-for-10 from the floor and 8-for-9 from the foul line. Willen, the reigning Patriot League Player of the Week, was 6-for-8 from the floor.
Lafayette outshot Colgate 56.6 percent (30-for-53) to 48.1 percent (26-for-54) despite 31 points from the Raiders’ Kyle Roemer, who was 11-for-11 from the foul line.
The Leopards were 9-for-20 from 3-point range and made 26 of 36 free throws. Lafayette never let Colgate closer than nine points in the second half and led 81-58 with 9:16 left.
Yaw Gyawu added 22 points for the Raiders (5-11, 1-1), who snapped a four-game winning streak.
- Mintz leads Lafayette to 95-82 win over Colgate
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78