Central Michigan defeats Ball State, 53-38
MT. PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Chris Kellermann scored a game-high 14 points as Central Michigan defeated Ball State 53-38 in Mid-American Conference play Wednesday night.
Jordan Bitzer and Robbie Harman each had 12 points for Central Michigan (7-7, 2-0). William McClure led the team with nine rebounds.
Jauwan Scaife led the Cardinals (6-8, 1-1) with 12 points, and Randy Davis added nine. Jarrod Jones grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
The Chippewas never trailed as they opened the game on a 21-6 run and led 26-14 at the half. Scaife scored eight of those 14 points for the Cardinals.
Central Michigan extended their lead to 19 as they opened the second half on a 9-2 run. The Chippewas made 8 of 20 (40.0 percent) from beyond the arc, while the Cardinals were only able to make 2 of 15 (13.3 percent).
- Central Michigan defeats Ball State, 53-38
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four