Southern Miss defeats Cal State Bakersfield 81-65
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Gary Flowers, R.L. Horton and Angelo Johnson scored 13 points apiece to help Southern Mississippi defeat Cal State Bakersfield 81-65 on Tuesday night.
The Golden Eagles (10-6), who snapped a three-game losing streak, shot 50 percent from the field (29 of 58) and made a season-high 10 of 23 from the 3-point arc.
Cal State Bakersfield (2-14) did not score in the final 3:15 of the first half, allowing Southern Miss to jump out to a 40-23 lead at the break. The Golden Eagles led by as many as 25 in the second half.
Bakersfield’s Stephon Carter led all scorers with 25 points.
- Southern Miss defeats Cal State Bakersfield 81-65
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?