Northern Iowa holds on to win 14th straight, 52-50
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Ali Farokhmanesh scored 14 points, Jordan Eglseder added 11 and 10 rebounds and Northern Iowa edged Bradley 52-50 Tuesday night, tying the school record with its 14th consecutive victory.
The Panthers (15-1) are off to their best start since going 19-1 to open the 1963-64 season and are in 6-0 Missouri Valley Conference play for the first time.
Sam Maniscalco scored 15 points to lead the Braves (7-9, 2-4).
Northern Iowa last won 14 straight when it won the final four games of the 1962-63 season and opened the next season with 10 straight victories. Only No. 2 Kentucky (17) and No. 1 Texas (15) have longer active winning streaks.
Northern Iowa trailed 27-26 at halftime. It opened the second half on a 12-5 run and led the rest of the way but never comfortably. Bradley twice pulled to within one, including 51-50 on Maniscalco’s layup with 21 seconds to play.
- Northern Iowa holds on to win 14th straight, 52-50
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0