Hot-shooting Drake defeats Missouri State 88-77
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP)—Adam Templeton scored 16 points to lead four Drake players in double figures and the Bulldogs used great outside shooting to defeat Missouri State 88-77 Tuesday night.
Drake offset Missouri State’s 52-24 edge in points in the paint by going 14-for-22 (64 percent) from 3-point range. The Bulldogs (7-11, 2-4 Missouri Valley) shot 68 percent from the field in racing to a 51-29 halftime lead and finished the night at 60 percent.
Drake’s 3-point marksmanship was better than its performance at the free-throw line, where the Bulldogs were 14-for-23 (61 percent).
Ryan Wedel had 15 points for Drake, while Josh Young had 14 and Seth VanDeest 12.
Nafis Ricks and Caleb Patterson scored 17 points each for Missouri State (13-4, 3-3). Adam Leonard had 11 points, but was just 1-for-10 in 3-pointers as the Bears went 1-for-16 from long range. Kyle Weems had 10 points and nine rebounds.
- Hot-shooting Drake defeats Missouri State 88-77
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook