Hot-shooting Drake defeats Missouri State 88-77
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP)—Adam Templeton scored 16 points to lead four Drake players in double figures and the Bulldogs used great outside shooting to defeat Missouri State 88-77 Tuesday night.
Drake offset Missouri State’s 52-24 edge in points in the paint by going 14-for-22 (64 percent) from 3-point range. The Bulldogs (7-11, 2-4 Missouri Valley) shot 68 percent from the field in racing to a 51-29 halftime lead and finished the night at 60 percent.
Drake’s 3-point marksmanship was better than its performance at the free-throw line, where the Bulldogs were 14-for-23 (61 percent).
Ryan Wedel had 15 points for Drake, while Josh Young had 14 and Seth VanDeest 12.
Nafis Ricks and Caleb Patterson scored 17 points each for Missouri State (13-4, 3-3). Adam Leonard had 11 points, but was just 1-for-10 in 3-pointers as the Bears went 1-for-16 from long range. Kyle Weems had 10 points and nine rebounds.
- As I recall, Brandon Jennings loves to show off
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35