Utah State throttles Hawaii 98-54
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Tyler Newbold scored 15 points on 5-of-5 shooting from 3-point range to pace Utah State as they ran past Hawaii 98-54 Monday night.
Tai Wesley and Nate Bendall also scored 15 for Utah State (11-6, 1-2 Western Athletic Conference) and Wesley grabbed a game-high nine rebounds. The Aggies shot 11-of-16, 69 percent, from the 3-point line.
Hawaii (8-9, 1-3) was led by Dwain Williams with 12 points and Brandon Adams had 10. Hawaii’s top scorer, Roderick Flemings, was held to eight points.
The Aggies led by 79-33 with 11:47 remaining. Hawaii could not penetrate Utah State’s zone defense, gaining only four points in the paint during the first 10 minutes of the second half.
The Aggies shot 73.1 percent from the field in the first half and had seven steals on its way to a 54-26 halftime lead.
- Utah State throttles Hawaii 98-54
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0