Cal State Northridge tops Seattle 98-90
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Vinnie McGhee scored 22 points and Lenny Daniel had 11 points and 12 rebounds as Cal State Northridge defeated Seattle 98-90 Monday night.
Kenny Daniels had 19 points for the Matadors (5-10) and Rashaun McLemore had a career-high 14 points.
Seattle’s Charles Garcia scored 34 points and had 14 rebounds to lead all players. Aaron Broussard scored 18 points and Chris Gweth 13 for the Redhawks (7-11).
Northridge led 71-55 with 7:25 remaining, but Seattle closed to within 77-71 less than three minutes later. Much of the rest of the game was at the free-throw line where the Matadors were able to hold the lead.
The game featured 61 fouls and 83 free-throw attempts. The Matadors were 34-for-49 from the line while Seattle was 23-for-34.
- Cal State Northridge tops Seattle 98-90
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four