Savannah St beats Cent. Connecticut St 73-63
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP)—Tracy Rankins scored a season-high 25 points, leading Savannah State in a 73-63 win over Central Connecticut State on Monday night.
Patrick Hardy added 15 points, Arnold Louis chipped in 11 and Preston Blackmon had 10 for the Tigers (6-12), who snapped a four-game losing skid.
Rankins hit four 3-pointers, Hardy nailed three and Blackmon sank two more for the Tigers, who finished 9-for-12 from long range (75 percent). The Blue Devils were just 4-for-14 from beyond the arc (28.6 percent).
Blackmon also dished out 10 assists for the Tigers.
Rankins hit a pair of 3s to help spark a 19-4 Tigers run to open the game, and Savannah State never looked back.
David Simmons scored a career-high 22 points to lead the Blue Devils (4-11), who have lost five straight. Markeys Deans added 20 points, also a career high.
- Savannah St beats Cent. Connecticut St 73-63
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game